Agility & Racing Fun Day
(We are going to give this a try, it is time to have some fun, get outside with the dogs while remaining alert and respecting the COVID rules. Bear with us and let’s see how this works out).
Sunday September 27, 2020
WHERE: Out Back Agility, 5809 Marine Station Road, Iroquois, Ont
TIME: 10.00 A.M. – 4.00 P.M.
DETAILS: There will be two rings for agility* in the morning. Racing in the afternoon.
Due to COVID 19 we are planning to provide catered, fully wrapped individual wraps/sandwiches but there will be no liquids. Bottled water for humans will be available, feel free to bring other beverages. Social distancing will be required with marked areas for parking at 10 feet apart. Wearing of masks will be required except when in the rings working with your dogs and around your vehicle with accompanying companions. All dogs are to be on leash at all times.
YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE ALL YOUR OWN REQUIREMENTS. Hand sanitizer, any snacks, beverages (other than water), folding chairs, shade tents/canopies, needs for your dogs, including plenty of your favourite dog treats! Don’t forget your cameras!!
RSVP is required. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 613-989-2860
We will need to know how many humans will be attending as we are guided by authorized provincial health directives regarding numbers.
Waivers are to be signed. There is a porta pottie on site.
This property is totally fenced and there is space for walking your dogs. It is privately owned and we ask you respect fenced private areas around the house and buildings.
Agility will include instruction on the basics of the sport.
– Introducing the concept of the “board” on the ground (eventually for the teeter, dogwalk and a-frame);
– Cavaletti work / jump grid (eventually for awareness of where your dog’s feet are and different spacing between jumps);
– Bollard work preparatory for going around & over jumps from different directions;
– Tunnels; introduction to the A-frame concept;
What you will NOT be doing at this stage are weaves, A-frame (full height), tire, teeter & dog walk for the safety of inexperienced dogs.
Short easy & safe courses will be set up for you to run your dogs. You will have the opportunity to practice over/around different elements of the equipment. An instructor will be on site to give you tips on handling your dog.
Racing in the afternoon will be set up for either a complete circuit, or U-val. Dogs run individually with no collars.
Help from able bodied members will be appreciated. Jobs to include watching / ensuring the running line runs safely through the pulleys, helping with equipment (heavy batteries) & working with Race Master.
Remember RSVP is a must. Information to include number of humans attending (relation, friend), number of dogs and a telephone contact number.
Email: email@example.com OR phone: 613-989-2860.
COST: $5.00 p/person for Members ; $15 p/person – non-members ;
$25.00 family .
Excellent safe and healthy de-hydrated dog treats will be available for sale. The meat is human grade (lung, heart, spleen, etc). Nina’s Treats is based in Ottawa.
Also available will be a few of the RR Prints as seen in the September newsletter and on the Club website in the On-line store.
From Kingston & points west – take the 401 to exit 730, turn right (south) towards the river. First left onto Froom Road, follow this winding road to the first turn, to the right, Marine Station Road. Over the level crossing – slow down! – #5809 is the fourth driveway on your left at the top of the hill.
From Montreal & points east – take the 401 to exit 730, turn left (south) over the highway, then as above.
From Ottawa & west side of the city – take Highway 416 South towards 401, take exit 1 east to Cornwall and 401. (This is a right filter off of the 416. Follow the sign 401 & Cornwall) . Go to the next exit 730 (10 kms) and proceed as above.
From Ottawa – south & east side of the city – you have two options.
1. Highway 16 S to Morrisburg, turn onto 401 going west (20 kms.) to exit 730, then as above, OR
2. Come down Albion Road, to Mitch Owens, turn right and then left (south) on Stagecoach Road to Hallville (Hwy.43) 25 kms., turn left towards Winchester, 3rd right onto Highway 1 through Mountain to Iroquois. Highway 1 has a very sharp left turn about halfway down, then through a hamlet and a right turn, south, to Iroquois. Go over the Hwy 401 & railway line, go to the roundabout, right towards Cardinal. This route brings you along the river into Cardinal. After the village sign, it is first road to the right – Marine Station Road, up the hill, 3 rd driveway #5809. Marine Station Road is the boundary line between Iroquois & Cardinal.